This album is the seventh and final installment of photos of my Oct. 2006 Romania trip: Rimetea & the nearby Turda Gorge.
- Rimetea / Torockó (RO/HU) is a little town at the foot of a stunning mountain. There’s very little about it online in English, unfortunately, though there’s a lot in Romanian and Hungarian.
- Turda Gorge / Cheile Turzii / Tordai hasadék (EN/RO/HU) [official | wikipedia] is a beautiful nature preserve, fairly easily accessible from Rimeta but the closest town is Turda.
I actually have more more Romania photos (I went again in April 2007, to all new places), but we’ll save those for another time!
The other 2006 Romania albums:
- Sighișoara (birthplace of Vlad the impaler)
- Csango Village, Miercurea Ciuc/Csíkszereda, Șumuleu Ciuc/Csíksomlyó (church)
- Bicaz Canyon, Corund, Lázár Castle, church in Mugeni/Bögöz, Carpathians
- Sâncraiu & Huedin (Kalotaszentkirály & Bánffyhunyad)
- Oradea & Cluj Napoca (Nagyvárad & Kolozsvár)
- Palace of Culture in Târgu Mureș (Marosvásárhely)
P.S. Today’s album also contains a photo of possibly my favorite bad English: DO NOT EXPRESS THE FEAR!