I used this recipe (Popsugar.com, Jenny Sugar) with the following minor edits:
- Spinach instead of kale (just because it’s cheaper), and a lot more than the recipe says, since it shrivels down so much.
- One large sweet potato, not small.
- No onions (BFs request. Sad for me but love is love.)
- Cook the sweet potatoes a bit longer and hotter, pre-tofu-adding, than the recipe says; I think it’s good for them to be a little crisper because they’ll go back to being soft-ish when you add the tofu, and steam the spinach.
- I quadrupled the spice amounts (except salt; I kept that the same mostly). Why? Because this makes a BIG pan of food and there is no way that a mere quarter of a little teaspoon of garlic (etc.) is going to suffice, in my opinion. I admit that sweet potatoes taste great just on their own (or with only a little salt and black pepper), but that tofu needs some flavors to suck up, so I made sure I spiced enough.
This tasted delicious and looked lovely on the plate, too, all bright and yellow and “Good Morning!”-looking.