This recipe, Fragrant Orange Slices (I just call it Orange Salad, actually) is one where you don’t really have to bother to remember the amounts; just remember the ingredients. It’s another one from Gordon Ramsay’s Fast Food, which is very much worth the mere $14 it’s currently selling for.
Ingredients: 4 large oranges, 1 and a half tbsp honey (“runny honey” for people in the UK, apparently), 1 tbsp of orange blossom water, a pinch of ground cinnamon, and a 1/2 cup of roughly chopped toasted walnuts (or pistachios). Directions: The tricky part is cutting up the oranges into slices that don’t have too much of the nasty white pith on them. Display the thinly sliced oranges beautifully on a plate and then drizzle the honey + orange blossom water (blended) over them. Top with the nuts mixed with cinnamon.
My two cents:
- I usually make it with just one or two oranges, not four. Think 1-2 oranges per person eating it.
- I’ve used rosewater in place of the orange blossom water (because I didn’t have orange blossom water yet), and that was good too (though orange blossom water is preferable, for obvious reasons).
- Orange blossom water can be found at Persian supermarkets (but that requires you to *have* a Persian supermarket near you in the first place, of course). Or you could order it online.
- I recommend *candied* walnuts* (don’t toast them) in place of regular ones. That’s what’s in the photos here.
- I prefer walnuts to pistachios in this recipe, even though I like pistachios a lot.
Click the Gordon Ramsay tag to see all the other recipes I’ve posted from Fast Food!
P.S. From now on, posts will go up at 9am California time, rather than 8am.